Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Family History Writing Challenge - 28 Days of Motivation, Education and Tools



"I am calling on all my fellow genealogist, family historians, beginners and advanced alike, to pledge to begin to write your family history during the month of February. Welcome to The Family History Writing Challenge," writes Lynn Palermo.

Because you have a passion to turn those dry documents into exciting stories about your ancestors. You've procrastinated too long and it's time to take up the challenge. Stop procrastinating; finally commit pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. Assemble those family facts into a format someone will want to read.

Have you been writing sporadically never finishing a story?
Have you procrastinated writing your stories for too long?
Do you need that nudge to finish your stories and finally publish?

The challenge will help you create some good consistent writing habits with support from industry professionals. Stop starting and stalling, stop procrastinating, make 2013 the year you meet head on your family history writing goals.

You will find more details on the challenge at
http://familyhistorywritingchallenge.blogspot.ca/p/challenge.html#!/p/challenge.html

I just wrote a piece on my Smith ancestral line on my family blog at
http://larry-family-history.blogspot.com/2013/01/one-of-my-smith-brick-walls-has-tumbled.html

In fact, I have written several pieces on various families on my blog. These pieces aren't Pulitzer prize winners, but heck I'm sure my family doesn't mind. They are fun to compile, a chance to show off the research I've done and write up/share some history on the lives of my ancestors. I do like the blog vehicle to present family history. If you haven't tried it, I say go for it and let me know your blog address so I can post it here on this blog.